The process is straightforward and takes less than 5 minutes.
The setup via smartphone is simple; you just need to connect it to the camera's WiFi signal, and then the camera will be able to search for your local WiFi router.
So, you need to do two things:
1. Connect the smartphone to the camera's WiFi signal (SSID) using the last 8 characters of the camera's serial number as the password (the serial number is on the camera's label).
2. Connect the camera to your local WiFi router using the password you may have.
See the following section for the entire step-by-step process.
How to set up a Hikvision WiFi camera via smartphone
- Turn on the Hikvision WiFi camera;
- Use the smartphone to locate the camera's WiFi signal;
- Connect the smartphone to the camera's WiFi;
- Open a web browser on the smartphone;
- Connect the smartphone to your router's WiFi;
- Check if the WiFi's camera blue LED is flashing;
- The process is done.
As soon as the smartphone connects to the WiFi camera for the first time, the browser opens automatically. If it doesn't, you may manually open it.
The picture below shows the Web browser listing the available Wi-Fi networks.
Just choose your router's network signal (SSID) and input the username and password, as shown in the following picture.
If you have an NVR, open the main menu and add the WiFi camera the same way you do with the cameras that use UTP (network) cables.
You can record and playback the videos using the NVR.
Here's a list of related articles that may help you.
I hope this article can help you; please share it with your friends.