At Lorex, we take your security seriously. As such, we do not give our customers the option to reset the recorder on their own. If you forget the password of your recorder, you will have to call our Technical Support and request for a temporary password, so you can reset your password.
Part 1 – Call our Technical Support
Step 1. Locate and retrieve your recorder’s Device ID. In most cases, the Device ID is printed on a label on the top or side panel of the recorder along with the QR Code (see image below) NOTE: The Device ID is NOT the Serial Number.
TIP: There are three ways of retrieving your recorder’s Device ID or QR Code:
- As mentioned above, you can locate the Device ID on a label on the top or side panel of the recorder.
- You can also see Device ID by going to your recorder’s app (i.e., go to Settings > Device Info).
- Finally, using a monitor and a mouse, you can retrieve the Device ID by accessing the Info Page of your recorder (i.e., right-click on mouse, then click Info (see image below).
Step 2. Once you have the Device ID at hand, call our Technical Support at 1-888-425-6739 and ask for a temporary password so you can access your recorder and reset the password.
Part 2 – Log in to your recorder using the temporary password
Step 1. Right-click on the mouse, then click Main Menu.
Step 2. Now, log in to your recorder to open the Main Menu (see image below). You will need to provide the following credentials:
- Username: admin (default)
- Password: Use the temporary password provided to you by the Technical Support
Click OK to proceed.
Step 3. On the Main Menu, click Settings (see arrow on the image below) > System > Account > User.
Step 4. In the User Settings, click Modify.
Step 5. Then, configure the following settings:
- User: admin (default)
- Modify Password: Check the box
- Old Password: Enter the temporary password provided to you by the Technical Support
- New Password: Enter your new password
- Confirm Password: Re-enter your new password
At the bottom of the screen, click OK to save your changes.
NOTE: Now, make sure to keep your new password in a safe place for future use.
Congratulations! You have successfully reset your password.